The next few days were crazy though. I was finally offered a chance to do some semi-graphic work. Trailer Park mails out reels of previous trailers, promos, and original content to potential clients and we have to make our own DVD covers. This job gets dumped on the PAs and I finally got my chance to play around in Photoshop and show them some of my stuff. I was originally only given one cover, but upon opening my mouth saying I enjoy using Photoshop was promptly handed another that needed to be finished by the end of that day. Oh and I also had to create a working DVD menu for that one, which I've had no experience with. Smooth right? I crunched away on it and finally got it finished and it turned out ok. Then one of my bosses decided he wanted the design changed, so I started over...this happened twice. Eventually it was ok'd for good and I go to start on the second, but couldn't finish it within my 3 workdays, even staying at there until 8, so I came in Thursday and finished up. -That was one heck of an awesome run on sentence, but I'm not fixing it- So I present my favorite cover:
Work aside, I've been having some awesome adventures elsewhere. Last Tuesday Me, Ash, Kim, and some of Kim's friends went to Katsuya. It's this incredibly nice restaurant and bar that Ashley's about to start working at. She's actually opening the newest one as a bartender in downtown LA in just a couple of weeks. Pretty cool. We went to the one in Hollywood just to check it out and it was incredible. This was my first time to have real sushi and I honestly figured we were going to go to this place, I'd break the bank ordering myself an appetizer, and then have to go to In 'n Out burger because I'd still be hungry later. Not so. This prices were very reasonable, we all ordered our own dishes and then shared everything. It was so good, I'm definitely a fan of the sushi now. We hung around and just talked for awhile, then left so the paparazzi could take our pictures as we strolled out of the place. Seriously.The next day Kim and I went to see UP in 3D at the "El Capitan Theatre" on Hollywood blvd. Can I just say wow. I'm used to College Station movie tickets, the $4.25 kind. We walk up to the window and I got sticker shock. $16 bucks to see this movie. Well, we were here and I wasn't turning around now, I've been wanting to see this movie and so did Kim, so we paid and walked in. This is when things go funny. First, this theatre looked like a broadway theatre on the inside, drapes and curtains everywhere, with a huge stage. Then there was a guy in the middle of the
stage playing a full size organ, taking requests, and just rocking out. It was pretty sweet. Eventually he and his organ sank into the stage, the lights went down, and we threw on our smokin' 3D shades. -Yeah, they're totally Maui Jims. No, I don't know who that weird guy is in the right of the picture.- There was a fancy light show with a ton of different curtains rising and moving out of the way just before the previews would come and go(even the green "preview" screen was sweet in 3D), but things still were far from being normal.
The lights came up, the curtains closed, and we were told to take off our sweet glasses. Sad day. Kim and I were both royally confused at this point, wondering why they didn't start the movie already. Then music started blaring and all of the curtains moved out of the way revealing a full stage with Disney characters and actors singing and dancing. They literally put on a 20 minute musical for us, pulling people up on stage, and just having a good time.
It was totally geared for kids, but Kim and I both had a blast and thought it was hilarious. Eventually the movie did come on and UP was fantastic. I highly recommend you go watch, but I will say the beginning is sad. It has a happy ending, so don't worry.That pretty much caps off the week, but my weekend was tons of fun as well. I realize I'm writing a book at this point, so if you've stuck with me, thanks, I applaud you. If you're one of the punks that quit, I'm not buying you a Christmas present. I'm cold like ice, I know.
Anyways, Josh flew in from Dallas this weekend to come hang out. He flew in Friday and we just caught up once he got here. Then we did the tourist thing, walking down Hollywood blvd. and then took a long drive down Muholland Drive. It's this super curvy road going through the hills that a ton of stars live on...apparently the Playboy Mansion is somewhere on it, but we didn't find it. Don't worry, this will happen. The views from this road were incredible.
Well it's way past Christopher's bedtime, so I'm gonna wrap it up. Last week just feel in line with the rest of my summer so far for being awesome and this one has high hopes, because I get to see my sister and brother in law this weekend! Until next time, I leave you with this:
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical questions? -you'll be thinking about that one for hours-
Love it - great update - sounds like you're 'living the life'. Should we expect to see pictures of you and your entourage in US Weekly leaving Katsuya anytime soon? =) See you in 3 days - WHOOP!
ReplyDeleteUp was indeed fantastic.
ReplyDeleteVenice beach is indeed interesting.
Next time you go to 3rd Street Promenade go over to Vanilla Bake Shop on Wilshire and get the chocolate raspberry and/or the mint chocolate cupcakes. They are delicious.
And, I am indeed jealous that you are living in Cali for the summer but so glad to hear about all your awesome adventures!