Saturday, June 27, 2009

Come on America, really?!?

So the first part of this isn't so much of a post as it is a question. Not really a question, more of an observation, but whatever. So Michael Jackson dies, sad day (sarcasm intended), but why does that mean that everyone and their brother has to start mourning? What has this guy done? Seriously? I realize he was -heavy emphasis on the was- the king of pop, and yes Jace he did bring us 'Thriller", but for the last, I don't know, let's say 21+ years he's been, nicely put, a few tacos short of a combo meal. Anyways, all this comes from me going to work on Friday and seeing the mass of people surrounding his star on Hollywood Blvd. and making a memorial out of it. Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure most of these people weren't even alive when he was black. They were there all day, I'm sure the night and the rest of the weekend! In the words of my father, better them than me.

Last night I got to experience my first rave thanks to Mallory. She works with a record label who's signed this guy named Paul Oakenfold. He's an electronica artist who happens to be pretty awesome. She called and asked if I wanted to go to this thing -that I later found out is the largest Electronic Music Festival in the nation- that he was playing at. I was all over it. She got me a free ticket and we went and danced our pants off. I've never experienced anything, anything, like it before. Simply put, it was amazing. I had so much fun and the music was incredible. The bass was enormous, the lights were mystifying and the people were nuts. I've been in my fair share of mosh pits, but this was ridiculous. People weren't exactly moshing as much as they were just jumping and dancing, but it was still just so insane. I loved every minute of it -until I woke up this morning and couldn't move my arms- and wouldn't mind doing it every weekend. I've definitely become a fan of the Electronica genre and raving. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking (family etc.) and yes I made smart decisions, so don't worry about it. Here's some pictures and a video from it, none of which do it justice. I'll never be able to forget this. Hopefully it's just the first of many!



This guy looked like he was having fun...definatley the G rated picture, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment