I made my first trip out to the hollywood sign, got to see it up close and in person! I went with Ashley
Anyways, we did that and hit up the beach again. The next day, once I got off work, we met up with Kim (another really cool girl I met out here...notice a trend? haha) and went to this fancy ass restaurant and bar called XIV
(fourteen). Normally, and especially on my budget, it would have been way too pricey, but they have this awesome happy hour where everything outside is only $6. Pretty sweet. We got there and found ourselves in the middle of an episode of "The Hills." I was mostly annoyed because I'm not the biggest fan of that show...but it was still pretty cool I guess. It was annoying though because they had half of the outdoor patio blocked off just for this real-life, unscripted (yeah...right) TV show.Last night I had my first clubbing experience out here. Definately didn't end up the way I had imagined. I ended up getting separated from my group of friends in this huge crowd. We went to this massive place called the Apple, which was super sweet. Completely walked past the line at the door thanks to Ashley's best friend Joe. Got inside, made our way to the bar and then I lost them. I did meet some interesting new characters while trying to find everyone though...very interesting. When all was said and done, I made my way outside and found a cab to take me back to my poolhouse on Crenshaw. Those things are expensive! The ones around LA only take cash and I had just enough to make it back home, extremely lucky. It was a good night, I just felt like an idiot. Hopefully my new found friends will still want to take the naive Texas kid out next week so we can try this again. ;)
All in all, I'm getting very adjusted to this place. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have gotten my face in the background of some TV shows and will have convinced my boss at Trailer Park to open up a spot for another PA in about a year...and then give it to me. It's all just dreams at this point though, but it's also not even June!
No comments:
Post a Comment