Well, it's the end of another week here in the city of Angels and have I got one heck of a story. Work this week was a bit of a drag, but I did get to help make some more graphics. It was all copying and pasting, but nonetheless it was still working on graphics. Nothing else really that exciting happened with work, but at work...I got a random phone call. I had never seen this number before but recognized the area code was for LA, so I answered. It was a girl from Central Casting (one of the agencies I signed up with for background work) asking if I would be able to go to a fitting for Iron Man 2 on Wednesday! I was kinda blown away, but managed to ask for the details. I would be fitted for a costume on Wednesday at 9am and then shoot the particular scene in Iron Man 2 on Monday and Tuesday! Seriously, I was freaking out at this point, but had enough sense to realize that all three of those days were when I'm supposed to be at Trailer Park....yeah.
I told the girl I was extremely interested, but couldn't do it because of an internship and got of the phone. I looked at Nick and Mike (two of the PAs) and said, "I WAS JUST ASKED TO BE IN IRON MAN 2 AND HAD TO TURN THEM DOWN!!!" Both of them had this confused look on their faces and told me that it probably wouldn't be a problem to just move my schedule from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday next week to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. At this point I'm like you've got to be kiding me, I turned these people down after THEY CALLED ME! So I frantically start calling this number back only to get a voicemail message that says, "Goodbye," and hangs up. To make a long story short I eventually find another phone number, talk to the right people, and get all of the information I need to know so I could do this job. I find out I need to buy a suit...since I left both of mine in Tejas... After talking with my supervisor, Dave, and a couple of other guys I work I got to this place called Hollywood Suit Outlet, which was awesome. I got a sweet deal on an entire suit. Well once I get to the fittings, I'm told to lose everything but the socks and they dress me in a more casual, hip, but still classy outfit. Good.
So now I'm just waiting to hear when my call time is on Monday and then I'm gonna be a movie star!...of sorts, haha. I'm really excited, and it's gonna be nice to have a small amount of cash flow coming in, instead of a not so small amount going out, haha.
Yesterday Ash and I spent most of the day together. I drove her and dropped her off to get her nails done while I ran some errands. Got back in time to learn the entire process of how nails get refilled... I tried to get her to let me do one, you know like the pinky or something, but she wouldn't go for it. The girl working on her nails thought it was a great idea, haha. Anyways, after all of that mess was finished we grabbed some food and hit the beach all day. I finally went swimming in the Pacific, not just putting my feet in the water, but actually swimming and playing in the crazy waves. Later, Jace came over and hung out for awhile before we hit up the Thursday night scene, including a 3am run to Taco Bell. Gotta love fourth meal. It was a good day, no doubt, haha.
That's about all of the excitement that's been going on here, hopefully I'll get some good stories from the weekend! Gotta keep my readership up, you know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Shelby just read the blog. OMG OMG... Iron Man is Shelby's favorite movie!!! she will be at the premiere to see you!!! I'm just worried that you won't be back if your movie stardom takes off. Good choice on taking the job! Good Luck next week. (come home in august). We are telling everyone, I think I'm about to send a link to the cp email to let everyone know!
ReplyDeleteHey, don't forget your raising!! Gran
ReplyDelete