Sunday, July 5, 2009

Paperwalls

As much as it sucks to say this, my little excursion in Hollywood is half-way over... I've been in 'one of those' moods for the past few hours, just thinking about everything I've been through this summer. No lie, it's going to be hard to leave this place, but I cannot wait to have my motorcycle and queen size bed back!!!...and seeing the family and friends will be cool too, heh. Anyways life has really gotten into a groove of sorts. Work is work, nothing terribly exciting has happened recently, which I guess is something in itself. The industry has slowed down a lot with all of these economical issues everyone is dealing with and it's definitely showing. It's no bueno, but hopefully by the time I make it back to LA, our 'little depression' will be on an upswing.

I did have a little scare with the internship thanks to my wonderful -sarcasm implied- advisor at A&M. I got an e-mail last week telling me congratulations on finishing my internship, now write and turn in a report, as well as have my boss email her confirming my completion of the internship...or buy another credit from the school for the second half of the summer to continue working. I wasn't told I needed two credits to last the entire summer (only one) and I didn't want to drop another $500 on a worthless credit if I didn't need too, so because my boss is so cool, he sent my advisor the e-mail saying I was finished and had done a great job, while still letting me stay on for the rest of the summer. Nice. While George (the boss) and I were talking, I brought up him letting me get into an editing bay sometime soon and he told me he was working on it, so please keep your fingers crossed. I don't know Final Cut (editing software) very well, but I just need the opportunity to show them something before I leave. If they still used Avid (more expensive editing software...that I learned on), I'd blow their minds, haha.

Last weekend we hit up the beach as usual, but on Sunday Joe, Ash, Kim, and myself drove down to Laguna beach. Wow. That place is hands down the most gorgeous beach I have ever been too. It makes Santa Monica look like Galveston...you Texas people know what I'm talking about. We got to Laguna early afternoon, had lunch at Papa's Tacos -good stuff-, and managed to find this secluded little cove. Seriously gorgeous, I can't say it enough. Obviously one of my 3-5 houses will be built somewhere here. It was very quaint and private with not too many people. I was amped to go bodyboarding again...did I mention I bought a body board? Best $50 I've spent all summer, now I just gotta get into actual surfing...but the currents in this cove were ridiculously strong. I figured it'd be a bad idea to jump on a floating object in them, so instead I decided to just swim. SO MUCH FUN! I cannot express how incredible this water was, even if it did feel like 50 degrees. We all laid out and played in the water, me more so than everyone else, but that's only because I'm like a 12 year old, heh.

For Independence Day weekend -I told everyone I know to blow stuff up because I couldn't- I started it off visiting Ashley at Katsuya and having her be my bartender/server. I've definitely gotten a taste for sushi -unfortunately this place is a little too nice for a kid on a budget...no matter I got my first acting check this week- and it's totally her fault. The next couple of days, I had a lot of hanging with Jace time. We didn't do much of anything except chill, which was cool with me. Yesterday we hit up Santa Monica early, braving the cold nasty fog, and stayed on the beach for awhile before gorging ourselves at In 'N Out burger. For the 4 or so hours we were there, we saw a ton of stuff... For starters, we were boarding and started talking with this kid. He was probably 15, at best, and was surfing. Him and I both caught this wave and both wiped out. I didn't think anything about it and waded my way back to Jace to give him the board, turned around and saw this kid laying on the beach with two lifeguards standing over him. To make a long and fairly uneventful story short, about 8 lifeguards and 3 of their beach 'trucks' showed up and started working on this kid. I'm not completely sure what happened to him, but his leg had a hug gash in it and he was fading in and out of consciousness. In my not-so-expert opinion I think he cut it on his surfboards fins. They got him bandaged up and sent to the hospital, just fine...relatively speaking. Not 20 minutes after this, Jace and I are back on the sand trying to warm up in the sun when a helicopter flys by. Helicopters flying up and down the beach are nothing out of the ordinary, except this one decided to stop and just hover over the water. I finally look up to see what's going on and notice there's a lifeguard boat following this thing. There's writing on the side of the chopper, so squinting I see what looks like 'G.I. Joe.' At this point I hit Jace, tell him to wake up, and start trying to figure out what's going on here. Suddenly a ladder drops from the helicopter and this guy climbs half way down it and starts saluting everyone on the beach. As he's doing this the helicopter starts to fly up and down the beach with this guy just saluting. Then, I guess because of the water getting stirred up from the blades, a couple of dolphins pop up and start jumping around and following the helicopter! I know they weren't planned in this 'brilliant' advertising scheme, but it still looked cool, haha. We tried taking pictures with our phones, but nothing came out too well, so sorry for that one, you'll just have to take my word on it. I wrapped up the 4th at Joe's apartment with him, his roommate Sam, and their friend Tiffany just chilling and watching fireworks from his roof. Nothing crazy, but still nice. Today was another beach day, down in Manhattan, and the only thing that came from it was me really wanting to learn to surf, because the waves today were HUGE.

That's all for now I guess. Time to hit the sack, probably pass out watching some hulu videos or something. Oh! I saw Transformers this week and gotta say I loved it! The first was definitely better, but this was one was pretty sweet still, and BumbleBee is a bamf in this one. Also, Megan Fox is still hot in case any of you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment