Monday, May 25, 2009

Crispy

I've officially been in LA LA land for a week and I've gotta say it's grown on me a lot. I've already had a dumbass moment though.... I went to the beach to go run and lay out for a little bit with a girl I met out here, Ashley. We had a good time and she's a really cool girl, but my genius self decided not to put on sunscreen....you see where this is going. My face wasn't so bad, but my stomach looks like a baboon's ass. Now I'm dealing with the peeling, but hopefully it'll be gone by the end of the week because I've decided to go do casting calls. I talked myself out of trying to get another retail job. Yeah, the money would be nice, but I'd hate going to work. So I'm going to try background acting. Jace hooked me up with a bunch of the places he's used, so Friday (provided my face stops peeling) I'm going to go register and get my headshots out there. I'm not trying to make it big (if I do that's cool too, haha), but I figure that anything that will help me learn more about this industry can't hurt...and the of chance of me getting on TV and making some money is just cool.

As far as everything else, I'm off of work today because of Memorial Day. I've actually been trapped at my house for like 4 hours because the LA marathon ran in front of the house, so no one could drive or go anywhere. Nice. I've met a lot of new people this weekend thanks to Ashley. She's out here for the summer too, from WVU, and knows a few people. So between hanging out with her and Jace, my social status is slowly rising, lol. Anyways, I'm gonna go get stuff done and try to take care of my miserable face. Here's a picture of some of the awesome LA traffic from on top of a hiking trail Jace and I hit the other day:

1 comment:

  1. Is the sunburn any better? My ear is in recovery mode so I hope to be able to call and catch up tomorrow sometime. How's work going? Are you still loving "LA LA Land" ? Is that what you southern Californians call it? =) Love you Brother.

    ReplyDelete