Anyways, after saying goodbye to the rest of my family, Dad and I peaced out of Mont Belvieu about 8am on Saturday. We drove all day to Tucson, AZ. Nothing like 16 hours of sitting on your butt all day to make you feel accomplished. Then yesterday we left at 8 again and made our way into Hollywood. After finding my house, meeting my landlord for the first time, and
unloading everything I took Dad to his hotel at the airport. I had to fight back the tears when I finally said goodbye and told him love him. I actually did a pretty good job of it until I got to the top of a mountain that overlooks the city while driving home from the airport. When I saw that huge smoggy thing in front of me, I could only think, "holy s***, I'm all alone." At that point the flood gates opened.
I then slowly made my way back to my cozy little room:
Los Angeles there would be a friggin' earthquake?! It's a sign, I'm telling you.It was only minor where I was, but still felt like the earth just turned to Jelly. I honestly had no idea what had happened until I got a phone call from Jace and then Dad. I threw on the news right after it. Just one more thing to cross off the bucket list, haha.
After the slight bit of chaos and a few phone calls, I finally met up with Jace and saw his lovely girfriend Liz and spoiled dog Toby. All in all, it's been an eventful few days, but until next time...
peace, love, and crabs.
Welcome to the world of blogging - great first entry! You're room looks like the size of our room in NYC - you'll be snug and cozy... Looks like there's more room there than in the tents you used to sleep in all summer so I think you'll do just fine. =) Keep blogging and take more pictures! Love you Brother.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!!! I know exactly what you're feeling, I felt the same way last summer but I made it through alive so I know you'll do great!!! Sorry I didn't get to actually say goodbye to you but I know I'll see you at some point in the fall. Hope you have a great summer, I'll be stalking you through your blog and facebook :)
ReplyDelete