Sunday, July 19, 2009

Zumablue and my Sister too

So this little recap of my past few weeks is well overdo, but don't worry, I'm going to condense it down like Campbells Soup...

For starters, lets talk about work at the Trailer Park. I got to do the model escorting again later that week on Thursday, so once again that was REALLY COOL. Nothing else really worth noting has happened in the past couple of weeks, things are just ticking along like normal. I'm still biding my time before they let me into an editing bay (which looks like it's gonna be me just sitting and watching an editor, but I'll take what I can get).

Now for the fun stuff! Let me see if I can even remember everything that has happened in these past couple of weekends.

I hit up Huntington beach again for a day of body surfing last Friday and I got my world rocked. When Josh and I went last time, we saw a ton of waves that really proved why this place is called Surf City, USA, but this time...wow. There weren't just a couple of huge waves that would roll in every now and then, but instead 4 or 5 at a time. I can describe how much the water beat me, but it was worth it. I rode my first top of the wave that picked me up about 6 feet in the air and that was a little insane. Frankly, and I've said this before, I love the beach! That same weekend I went out with Ash, some of her visitors, Joe, and a big bunch of other randomly assorted people to the grand opening of this new Hollywood club called Playhouse. Place was sick. It was enormous on the inside, the DJ spinning was doing a heck of a job, and to top the place off, it had people doing Cirque Du Solei stuff up in the ceiling above the dance floor. It was seriously awesome. The next day I did lunch with Joe at an incredible Chinese Restarant that had the best orange chicken I've ever had and then spent the afternoon with Jace hanging out at his pad. -Jace, by the way, has gotten himself a job as a production assistant on CBS's "Criminal Minds". He's kind of a big deal now. I know you're jealous, just try not to show it too much.- That night I went out to the Sunset strip and did a little bar hopping with one of my friends Nick from work. He's a cool dude, been in LA for about 4 years, and knows how to have a good time. By far the best part of the night was spent at Saddle Ranch. Crazy crazy place. It totally had a mechanical bull and almost made me feel like I was at home...except I've never been to a bar with a mechanical bull at home. Minor details. I wrapped the weekend up on Monday actually... It was Kim's birthday, so a bunch of us went out with her for an awesome dinner -thanks to her wonderful newlywed friends Jeremy and Meagan- at Katsuya and then off to H-Wood, a club (that's mostly open air and really cool) right across the street from my office. I had a good time and think for the first birthday in a new city, Kim didn't do too bad!

This weekend I finally got to see someone I've been wanting to see all summer. My Sister! She and Marc came down to LA for the weekend to not only see me, but also Marc's really good friend Kash. We had a lot of beach time -especially Jenn and I since we didn't have to work like a certain brother-in-law of mine- and A LOT of good food that I didn't do anything to deserve. We ate at some awesome restaurants, including Katsuya -yet again. don't judge, I like that place. A lot obviously. I'm definately becoming a HUGE fan of Sushi.- I took Jenn down to Laguna on Friday beacause I wanted her to see how beautiful that place is, but in the process I got to show her how ugly LA traffic is as well. It only took us a little over an hour to get to Laguna, normal. The ride home took 2.5 hours and then we still had to get back to Kash's...another hour. The next day the four of us hit up Zuma beach, which was really nice, but doesn't hold a candle to Laguna. Afterwards Kash took us on a tour of Malibu Canyon, showing us all sorts of cool things, like an actuall working western set used by Paramount Studios that you can walk around in, the mountains used to shoot the opening sequence of M*A*S*H, and a tight little biker bar that lots of celebs pop into. Out of everything he showed us, I was most excited about the road itself. I can't wait to have my motorcycle out on that baby. Riding through that winding canyon is gonna be a blast. I mean it was fun in a car and I can only imagine how it would be on a bike! Then today I finished up with saying goodbye to my sister, Marc, and Kash and headed for the beach again...to study. I've started an online polisci class that seems to be going really well. It just sucks that I have to read, haha. Speaking of which, I gotta hit the books and go take a quiz. I'll try to get the next post done sooner, which shouldn't be a problem since I'm headed to San Francisco this weekend and will have a ton to talk about!

Peace homeskillets.

No comments:

Post a Comment