I show up to work this morning and Dave (supervisor) tells me I'm working with the interactive department escorting models between floors. Yeah, you read it, models. On the inside I was whooping while jumping up and down (this meant no checking in of tapes or coffee runs...and there was that little part about models), but on the outside I was like, "That's cool Dave, whatever you need." For the rest of the day all I did was escourt models between the floors of our building. They were 'interviewing' to be used in a new poster for a videogame, so there might have been a couple of hotties in the group, but just a couple....heh. I got to hang out, talk, and basically entertain all of them. Most of the girls were super nice, but there were a few that lived up to their snooty reputations. After they found out I wasn't one of the coordinators, it was like I didn't exist and couldn't do anything for them. Whatever, they were probably hookers anyway.
While all of this was happening, I get a phone call from my friends at Central Casting (the guys who casted me for Iron Man 2). They ask me if I would like to be included in their 'Hot Book.' I found out that their 'Hot Book' "consists of 'hot' people who are willing to do swimsuit or bikini work' and are only invited after a group of casting directors vote for people pulled with a 'certain look.' ...Do what? That's AWESOME! So I tell them sure thing, I'm totally in. I had to send them an email with a picture of myself shirtless that is then put into the 'Hot Book' so when people are needed to be in shirtless type scenes, this is the first place they look. So I sent in the picture of myself at Laguna Beach from my last post(after much consultation from members of the opposite sex). Hopefully this means I'll get some more work sometime soon, because I wanna get back in front of the camera...
My day's ending is what really put today over the top. I leave work around 6pm and while driving home think it would be cool to run down to the beach and go bodyboard for awhile. Best idea ever. It was already chilly, so once I got home, I grabbed my suit, board, wetsuit, and jumped back into the truck and took off towards Santa Monica. There was absolutely no traffic, I was actually able to SPEED -yeah I said it, so what?- on the highway. Got to Santa Monica in about 15 minutes, parked (for free!), and jetted to the beach. I spent the next hour and a half doing nothing but bodyboarding, I was in the water watching the sunset. SO COOL!!! There is something so relaxing about the beach, I love being in the water and warming up on the sand SO much! When I finally start surfing, I'll never leave. I'm going to be a straight up beach junkie. Sorry Mom and Dad, this is where it ends.
See, nothing crazy, but those few little things -especially the beach run- made today awesome. I'm finishing my night with this blog and a mix of The Postal Service and Owl city. To those of you who know what that means....first of all I'm proud and second of all, you know where I'm at.
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment