Now on to the good stuff. So much has happened over the past two weekends! Last weekend I flew up to San Francisco to visit Jenn, Marc, and the pups at their new pad. Since they've only been there for about 2 months the tour was not that extravagant, but I honestly didn't care. I loved just being able to get to see my sister again before I headed back to Texas -less than a week and a half away now-. I got there extremely early on Thursday and had most of the day to hang around and just be lazy which was wonderful. The next day, Jenn and I went to Muir Woods, a national RED WOOD forest. If you're not into the outdoors or trees, you'd still like this...we loved it, haha.
These trees are massive and the forest is just beautiful. And my sister is a bonefied tree hugger.
I on the other hand am just accident prone...
We spent a good part of the day there before heading back to San Fran for lunch and an excellent (and overly nice) dinner with Marc's cousins that happened to be in town. Saturday we all got up and went to the local farmer's market. The thing was huge and the food was soooooo good. I'm still eating on the almond brittle we found. I've never had any kind of brittle I've liked this much...actually think I'm gonna eat some now. From there Jenn and I headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. We planned on walking the entire thing, but about halfway across I decided to be a wuss and turn around because it was freezing and crazy windy. I'm talking freezing like, 50 degrees...in California...in summer...wtf? Haha.
We finished up the night at a political comedy event Marc's radio station was putting on, then moved over to Hard Rock Cafe to hang out and eat. Over all it was a pretty eventfull day. It was this day that I decided that San Francisco is the most confusing city I have ever been to. The streets in this place make absolutely no sense and the hills are something I've never seen. It's like riding a roller coaster just to get to the grocery store! So Marc and Jenn...good luck with that. Sunday was a lazy day of not doing much until I had to fly back to LA, which was exactly what I was looking for. I don't think Marc and Jenn like San Fran as much as New York, but I'm pretty sure they'll come to really like the place in time. They seem to be doing pretty well so far ;)This weekend I hit up huntington beach again, which was fun, but pales in comparison to what I did with Jace and Liz today.
WE WENT TO DISNEYLAND!!!
I was 3 years old the first and only time I went to Disney World with my family, so this trip was well over due. Mom and Dad, don't think you're getting out of taking me to Disney World again, it's totally not the same thing. We, thanks to Liz, managed to ride almost every major attraction in the park in one day, pretty impressive if I do say so myself. And I do. Words can't describe Disneyland, as most of you know, so I'm just going to list my favorite parts of the day. Say a top 5?
- Getting to meet Mickey and remembering it!
- Space Mountain - it's the best indoor roller coaster I have ever ridden, so much fun.
- Taking ridiculous pictures
- Pirates of the Carribean ride - it's totally like we were in the movie
- Getting Ariel's phone number. -okay, that totally didn't happen, but I've had a thing for her for a while-

It was so much fun, and I'm glad I got to go with my best bud and his girl!



To wrap up, this week is my last week here. It's going to be weird leaving, but I'm fairly certain I'll be back, and, more importantly, I'm ready to be a college student again. I've had a lot of revaltions this summer about school, career goals, girls, and my life in general. I'm ready to use what I've learned to be a happier, more confident person. I'm also ready to take what I've learned and use it to grab life by the horns, and then SAW'EM OFF! WHOOP!!!
LOVE the Disneyland pictures - especially that one of Jace. Has he been taking lessons from Dexter? =)
ReplyDelete