Before I said my goodbyes and what not, I sat down with George, my boss, and had a little heart to heart. I asked him a number of questions about what I should do in the future, how certain aspects of the business worked that I didn't get to see, and, most importantly, what he thought about me. He blew me away with complements. I would go into detail, but I don't want to gloat. It felt amazing though. He told me that I was probably the best intern they've had there in over 3 years, something that I didn't take lightly. When our conversation was all said and done he let me know that he was keeping my name on record so whenever I do come looking for a job, that I'll be at the top of the list and if that doesn't work out, he'd be more than happy to be a reference. Pretty awesome.
The rest of today was spent much like the last 72 days there, until the end came. I went upstairs for the Wednesday happy hour, like usual, grabbed a drink and said my goodbyes to all of the awesome people I met, most of which were surprised to see me go because they had just assumed I'd been hired, haha. George did say that he had been approached by a number of people who didn't know whether I was an intern or a PA, just because I didn't act like an intern, so it felt really good to hear that as well.
All in all, this internship was amazing and has given me a huge advantage towards my future. It may be another year and half before I'm back here, but I cannot wait! The way I felt today in Georges office seriously made me feel like I could run this industry and hopefully one day I will. Before I wrap this up I just have to say thank you to ...sooo many people. I wouldn't have ever been able to pull this off if it wasn't for my wonderful parents. They helped pay my way through this summer, but also whole heartedly supported me through it all as well. Any parent that supports there child from going from an engineer to a Hollywood kid is pretty amazing, and I have two of them that I love dearly and will get to see very soon! I have to thank the rest of my family as well, especially my sister who I just don't know how I would do without. She's amazing and has always been there for me no matter what. That's something I'll never be able to repay. Finally (this totally sounds like an Oscar acceptance speech, sorry, but it needs to happen) I would be a fool not to thank each and everyone of my current and former bosses at 12th Man Productions. If it wasn't for them, I would probably still be crunching numbers on a calculator trying to figure out the amount of torque that is placed on the end of a 23 foot beam suspended 10 feet in the air by a spinning 3/4 inch steel cable while... You get the picture.

To wrap up, I took my polisci final yesterday and passed the class, which means that I am now an expert in all things political -yeah right- and that in 2-3 weeks I will be able to submit my ring audit and finally order my FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE RING!!!! Just because the internship's over doesn't mean the blog is, so make sure to still check in from time to time...
I love you and am so proud of you. Best of luck back in Texas - you're going to take this world by storm. I can't WAIT to see what happens next! =)
ReplyDelete